15 June 2009

back to the library

so it was a weird, long day. the dude i was going to rent a room from turned out to be a flake. i guess he has a thing for very thorough investigations into perspective tenants and because i live nebulously, he found getting answers about me is a pretty tricky thing (unless you're the government who are reading this now. hi, usurpers of personal freedom! : ). because investigating me was going to take weeks instead of days he decided to return money i had given him to hold the room. fucker. it seems to have worked out for the best though. i went to see a place that was perfect for me not a half an hour later. a nice basement efficiency that really is more of a small 1 bedroom. i was in line with 5 other dudes but the very nice landlady (who has an equally nice husband) called me a few hours ago and it sounds like she really wants me in there. can i get a 'woohoo!'? yeah i'm hopeful and excited about my basement pad. and it's not even a half a block to beer, karaoke and wild women! yay! so all this basement dwelling stuff reminded me of the girl i knew named jessica layton who lived (lives?) in toronto because she once told me her story of renting a basement in a hard time in her life, saying she never left it until she was fully, psychically heal. i don't really think about jess so much these days so i was surprised to remember this and feel the meloncholia of our brief, tempestuous time together. but this is my basement and my basement period and i couldn't be happier. healing can be a real bitch but i'm ready now to find out just what i am capable of. i'm going to change the world and i can't wait to see the results! in the meantime though i'm still homeless and will be so until (all likelihood) july 1st. that means it's back here to the library where i pass the time blathering into the abyss. blather, blather. i don't even remember enough about jess to be able to miss her. i just know we'll have a basement in common.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions or comments then tell me!