03 December 2009

Oilers at Red Wings

So I'm watching the Wings just get pounded by a talented, young Edmonton team and it's just a beating. To make matters worse, the Red Wings have scored 2 of Edmonton's 4 goals while they have managed a meager 1. Ugh! And it made me think of Yuri 'Happy' Hudler because if he were here, none of this nonsense would be happening but he effed off to Russia and I realize that I'm mad at him for it because I'm a selfish Red Wings fan and his going to another hockey league for 'mere' money was unconscionable to me while the reality is, he did the right thing by him and I would have done the same thing he did. Ugh! So I wish Hudler had just stayed because he really liked his teammates or just wanted to be a Red Wing but agh! Getting to go home and make a lot of money is just too wonderful. The game of Hockey isn't owned just by the Canadians any more and Hudler will star in a bunch of huge games over there and he'll do well. Good for him. Besides, that isn't why today the Wings look like a bottom feeder in the NHL this year. There are a lot of reasons like letting Tomas Kopecky go. Ugh! Or being so sweet on Zetterberg. Fans think I'm stupid when I call Zetterberg dead weight or wishing he was someone else like Parise or Getzlaf but I think the fans are blinded by the stats. They have to be because if they have truly been watching their hockey games as I have, then they know that Zetterberg plays soft. I know of at least 3 games in which Zetterberg's lack of grit has cost victories and those were just the ones I noticed. His lack of desire for driving an opponent into the boards in order to get control of the puck has led to 12 or so goals that come to memory just now. And while Zetterberg is certainly an offensive talent, he would be better suited for the Habs, Rangers or 'Canes say. Why? Because Mike Babcock's Red Wings aren't Scotty Bowman's Red Wings. Mike Babcock's Wings are best personafied by Dallas Drake while Bowman's would be personafied by Zetterberg and the fans haven't caught on to this yet so Zetterberg is a Superstar. And he is. But geez, wouldn't it be great if that was Parise fighting for the puck to dish to Datsyuk or Cleary?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions or comments then tell me!