12 February 2010

Rumbling

If I had my way, I'd never have to write about politics ever again. I hate politics. I'd rather be following the NHL, watching Star Trek & South Park or listen to some tunes and paint. But I simply can't allow myself such pleasures when there are men bent on destroying my country.
What else am I supposed to do then? Keep quiet and just let this evil happen like the Germans did?
So I do the only thing I know how to do. Call it out, challenge those who support these reckless men, complain, make my voice and my vote heard.
But these loyal followers of the Republican party will not be persuaded. To them, I am the evil one, the traitor.
In their mind, if I truly loved America, I would favor the federal government stripping all Americans of their freedoms and fundamental civil liberties so that they can "weed out the undesireables". I would favor torture. I would favor war. I would favor corporations as human beings.
I would break the law anytime I needed to for the sake of the party. I would spread lies and call them truths.

Does that sound like America to you? How is it we went from being known for our cockeyed optimism and sense of fair play to being known today for arrogance and ability to destroy all civilization on the planet?
Does that sound to any good American something to stand up for or something to resist with every Patriotic bone in your body.
I simply can't be silent when I see one group of people actively, viciously trying everything they can to destroy our nation and our duly elected President. I will not ignore when Republicans or any other grubby politician breaks the law. America was founded on Truth, Justice and the American way!
All good Americans should resisit the Republican party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions or comments then tell me!