13 August 2010

Pussies to the Left of me, lunatics to my Right and here I am stuck in the middle with you

N.H. legislator resigns over Palin remark - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com

Wishing bad things upon Sarah Palin is a bit of a gray for me because I strive to be ethical in my day to day life (which is more than I can say for Mrs. Palin).  Still, I am a human being prone to outbursts when I see unethical acts perpetrated on a national scale under the auspices of mere politics.  Like when Palin supports state sponsored Arizona racism or has rifle scope targets over the faces of Democrats on her web site.  For me, this is nothing new; the radical Right has always preached a gospel of violence against anything remotely liberal Left (even when the Left has abandoned its liberality for the sake of becoming GOP Lite).  Calls to gun down Democrats or to overthrow them is as common from the Right as finding white sheets at a KKK rally and their level of invective has only increased exponentially with the coming of the Obama administration, the first legally elected President since 2000.  From Beck actively preaching insurrection, to Limbaugh preaching hate of black folk, to Sarah Palin and her scope sights its all about wiping us progressives and so-called liberals off the map so the Republikkkan vision of a white, Christian America can come to pass.  My point is that those on the Right are the ones responsible for the lack of civility in our national discourse and the ones who have brought pure hate into the mainstream where they make millions of dollars in profit from it, profit being the most important thing to a Republikkkan.  Money to them trumps God and country or the welfare of their fellow citizens (especially if they are colored, a moniker that covers all dark races nowadays instead of singling out the blacks).

So when New Hampshire legislator and Democrat Tim Horrigan wrote in his Facebook account that "I don't wish Sarah Palin dead ... but not merely for compassionate reasons. I also want her to live because a living Sarah Palin is less dangerous than a dead one.  A dead Palin is more dangerous than a live one." it didn't bother me too much.  Still, something happened because now the erstwhile representative is resigning and making a full, humbled apology and all I can do is scratch my head and wonder why.

But that's the rub isn't it?  It's like everyone in the Professional Left got together one day and agreed to drink in all the abuses offered by the Right and not to dish anything out in return.  The Left has decided it is more prudent just to keep taking their beatings without any word of defense lest they be cut off and ostracized from the herd of liberals and has become akin to a battered, co-dependent spouse who can't leave her abuser because she loves her tormentor.  That is the Democratic party of today.  Oh sure you have a few standouts like Weiner of NY or Grayson of Fla but these "bitches" are already being turned out like Ohio's Kucinich, i.e. marginalized for the sake of placating the intractable Right.

I should very much like to remind the Dems that they are pussies and the Republikkkans are dicks and as anyone who has seen Team America: World Police can tell you, pussies don't like dicks because they get fucked by them.  Time to stop being pussies and start being dicks.  Hopefully you silly twits (twats?) figure this out before the next Shirley Sherrod happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions or comments then tell me!