16 April 2011

on the new Atlas Shrugged movie

I tried to read Ayn Rand’s Atlas Shrugged once… once.  She was a very dull writer and I didn’t get very far in the book at all before throwing it against the wall and yelling, “Who the hell thinks this crap is a classic?!?”

I’ve read War and Peace; that’s a classic.

Anyway so the book is now a movie and I just read from the UK’s Independent that 1) The movie is only 1/3 of the book so 2 sequels are coming 2) it is meant to milk the Tea party/ Passion of the Christ crowd’s money and 3) the movie sucks because it so laboriously tries to stay faithful to the boring ass book that spawned it.

This leaves me to conclude that Republicans, Teabaggers and psycho Christers have read the Cliff Notes of the book and not the actual book itself because people who enjoy NASCAR and Fox News can’t possible read that dense tome of droning monotony.  It’s more boring than the Bible, trust me, and we all know the rabid right doesn’t read that either because of how little they actually know about it and those fuckers are insane about Jesus!

Anyway, goodnight my Blogger peeps.  And as Dr. Thompson advised: Don’t take any guff from the swine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions or comments then tell me!