01 February 2012

Romney: ‘I’m not concerned about the very poor’ | The Raw Story

Florida GOP presidential primary winner Mitt Romney displayed his apathy towards America’s impoverished on CNN Tuesday morning.

“I’m in this race because I care about America,” he said. “I’m not concerned about the very poor, we have a safety net there, if we need to repair, I’ll fix it. I’m not concerned about the very rich, they’re doing just fine. I’m concerned about the very heart of America, the 90-95 percent of Americans who are struggling, and I’ll continue to take that message across the country.”

Host Soledad O’Brien was surprised by Romney’s comments.

“You just said said, ‘I’m not concerned about the very poor because they have a safety net,’” O’Brien said. “But I think there are a lot of very poor Americans who are struggling who would say, ‘That sounds odd.’ Can you explain that?”

“Finish the sentence Soledad,” Romney replied. “I said I’m not concerned about the very poor that have a safety net, but if it has holes in it, I will repair them.”

“The challenge right now — we will hear from the Democrat party the plight of the poor. And there’s no question it’s not good being poor. And we have a safety net to help those that are very poor, but my campaign is focused is on middle-income Americans.”

Despite many having access to welfare programs that keep millions of Americans out of poverty, 2010 figures from the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities show there are many more who still go without assistance.

Romney’s claim that he is focusing on middle class Americans also is highly questionable. His tax plan favors the very rich like himself, as well as his proposal to cut spending for programs that benefit middle to poor families and individuals.

Romney embraced Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI)’s plan that would turn Medicare into a coupon program.

This jerkoff is getting millions through his super PAC (thanks again SCOTUS for destroying our democracy you assholes!) from all the big American corporations which means that this is their guy. He talks their talk and walks their walk and a Romney presidency will be just as damaging as the illegal Bush presidency that devastated the national economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions or comments then tell me!