10 September 2009

what I wrote to SC Rep. Joe Wilson

I tried to call but his lines are busy so I'll keep trying to call (202)225-2452. In the meantime, this is what I wrote him via e-mail (www.house.gov/formwilson/IMA/issue.htm). I encourage all Americans to do likewise. Protocol would have me start this with "Dear Sir" or "Honorable" but your antics during the President's speech last night won't allow me such civilities. I'm 41 years old and have watched evry President since Nixon deliver speeches. In all that time, no matter how vociferously one party disagreed with another, they never, ever had the temerity to shout out in the middle of a speech much less call the leader of the free world a liar as you did last night. You made me ashamed as an American when you did that. I'm sure around the world foes of the United States loved it and laughed their butts off. Way to make our nation a laughing stock. I'm equally certain our al-Qaeda enemies found reason to rejoice about it and may use this to reenergize their base. Way to give aid and comfort to the enemy. Are you a traitor? Are you anti-American in the name of your radical right ideology? Ideology first, America second? You claim this was an emotional outburst; I believe it was a political ploy to look good to other radical righters in your state. Now Joe, I suspect being a right wing radical that you are either a Christian or at least claim to be one so allow me to remind you what the Bible says on this matter from Romans 13:1Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.May that judgement be visited upon you swiftly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions or comments then tell me!