15 January 2010

lunch

All life gets hungry and for us apes it's usually 3 times a day. Break fast, lunch and dinner. I am about to have left over chicken for lunch. Like most animals, we apes eat other species to survive like chicken and cow. Chicken and cow are very docile animals yet very, very tasty once killed and cut up and cooked over fire. Now, if I, a "modern" ape, had to kill and gut these animals myself I might have a very hard time with it. Cows are cute, dumb grass eaters who give us milk and cheese, 2 other Earth delicacies (although all Earth's mammals produce milk, cow is best but some argue goat is better).

But I don't have to kill or gut them because it is all done for me. By the time I see ready to eat chicken or cow carcass, it is prepackaged at the store and ready for fire. No snapping necks, no slicing throats, no headless chickens running about spilling their gushing blood on the ground, just boneless chicken breat filets and top round steak. Mm-mm-mm! But make me get my hands bloody and perhaps I eat veggies and fruit instead of carcass. Still my inner beast craves those juicy selections of carcass and nothing tastes better than cow blood cooked in steak form. Arghh!

As for us apes we generally do not eat each other though some of us still do and it is considered a great delicacy as well I'm told. Most of us would not eat another ape because of very ancient social taboos but when push comes to shove we will eat each other if we absolutely have to. White American history records this in the Donner Party and once a plane crashed on the Andes mountain and the survivors had to eat the dead to keep on living. I do not know how I would do under such life threatening scenarios. Could I gut a human ape carcass for survival say if nuclear winter befalls our species and that was all there was to eat or would I allow myself to starve to death. I think I might die and on a planet dedicated to survival of the fittest that just will not do. Such gruesome and macarbe thoughts are beyond my ability to reckon.

Eating another ape is called cannabalism with 2 exceptions. The first exception is when the ape or monkey doesn't belong to our same species (yes, some of us so called civilized apes eat our lesser cousins all the time) and the second exception is the White religion of Christianity which calls the symbolic eating of their saviour as Communion rather than cannabalism. Some sects of White Christianity believe their symbolic crackers or wafers (for the saviour ape's body) and wine (for the saviour ape's blood) actually become the real flesh and blood of their Christ.

Oh and many of us apes have indeed given up the eating of any flesh prefering nuts, fruits, grains and the like. I don't know what it means that I am not one of those other than I love the taste of animal flesh and blood. I wish I knew how it was on your planet so I could understand how you might perceive these revelations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions or comments then tell me!