04 October 2009

could it be?

So I haven't seriously enjoyed Pro Football since the rigged Pittsburgh Steelers-Seattle Seahawks debacle they called a Super Bowl. Are you effing kidding me? If that game wasn't rigged through the officiating staff on the field than I'm a Republican. It actually began to become apparent to me that the NFL rigged their games routinely throughout the course of the season during that year and the year before it. I guess that's why I don't get why it was such a big deal when it was discovered that my Favorite Team and World Champion New England Patriots tried to bend the Rules in their favor. Oh poopoo those dastardly Bostonians! I say they did nothing wrong because every other team in the League aims to do the same thing: gain from bending the rules. That my children is the American Way. Bending the Rules for personal gain, the needs of the One outweighing the needs of the Many. It is so common there is no one alive anywhere in the World who doesn't know Americans speak with forked tongues. Everyone knows to ask of Americans "What is your angle?" or "What's in this for you?" So what's in it for the NFL to fix their games? I don't know though I speculate it has something to do with that San Diego-Pittsburgh (again!) game last year where gamblers across the nation threw a fit over the lack of an officials call that led to a San Diego victory that >gasp!< covered the spread. You don't piss off your base right? Still I guess I just miss the game even though it's as real as pro wrestling. Pro football still has no Soul anymore. That's where Fantasy Football comes in for me. Gives me an excuse to follow along and catch the Great Plays. Yeah, the players in the game today have a lot of Heart but they are pawns to their rich owners and football bettors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions or comments then tell me!