04 October 2009

on the Detroit Lions

Todays game vs. the Chicago Bears. My belief? Detroit loses under a barrage of Jay Cutler bombs. Hell, I even made Jay my Fantasy Football starter just because of this. Ooops! The Lions secondary was up to the task. Ugh! Peyton was my starter otherwise! But the Lions who beat Washington showed up. When it mattered, early enough in the game, Jay Cutler scores a very questionable touchdown. I swear the ball never broke the plain. Every replay, I'm still not sure. The difference? Had the Lions gone into the half 21-14 instead of tied, maybe that big kick return never matters and Detroit is 2 and 2. But it did. The Detroit Lions are still the Worst Team in Football. Hate to tell you this folks, but the Lions should have beat the Vikings as well. 3 and 1. But... The NFL officials intervened. The Lions lost (again) nevermind the costly Bad Calls that benefited Brett Favre and the Minnesota Vikings. I've seen this before. Back when Mariuchi coached the Lions. Ugh! Are you shiting me calls??! all year long. Did the Ford's not want to pay enough for the NFL to look the other way for their team? I ask this because the Ford's didn't accept the Bailout money either. Maybe they didn't want to sell out no matter how much the NFL tried to make them do. Now look at them. A 3-1 team that's 1-3. But... New Orleans??? The Best Team in the NFL??? You betcha! I will never doubt it again. This is the Saint's Year. They manhandled the Ney York Jests like a stripper on Saturday night. The Team to Beat in the NFC this year. Just like my Patriots remain to be the Team to Beat in the AFC. The New York Giants? Still the Best Team in Football. They effed up last year and they know it so this year is Revenge. They will beat the New Orleans Saints for a chance to lineup against the Patriots and prove Once and For All who the better QB is: Eli or Tom. Plus the added Eli over Peyton bragging rights. Suddenly taken in the Spirit, I see that next year Peyton takes the Super Bowl behind a new, improved stalwart Colts defense. Ugh! Family rivalries! Where does that leave the Lions? Also rans in a tough division. The Red Wings have started 0-2 for the 1st time since I can remember which makes it the 2nd time this year that something I can never remember occured, the 1st being Rep. Joe Wilson's outlandish outburst. Rep. Wilson got away with embarrasing the American people AND making money off of it (and as we all know, money is the root to all evil). He is now a cause celebre in many Right Wing circles because his disrespect of his President, which aided this Country's Enemies, is seen as the Power of Christ Manifest, though it isn't. As their own Bible teaches, that even in the Last Days, the Very Elect would be deceived, they do not See it. They don't Get it. They are pawns of the very Evil they fear! What to do? For the Red Wings I'd suggest trading Zetterberg away for Ryan Getzlaf. For the rest of us? I'd suggest that the Freedom of Religion is one thing and the Abuse of Our Religious Impulse for Exploitation for the Benefit of the Republican Party is a whole other Thing. I swear to You, my Brother or my Sister, if we don't stand now against them, we, as a country, are doomed. They WILL destroy us all. God I hope I'm not the only One who Gets this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have any questions or comments then tell me!